Improve your property value with decorative concrete decks.
Decorative concrete can add value and beauty to your pool deck and driveway.
Concrete decks can be made to resemble flagstone or other beautiful patterns, with different shades and colors. Concrete decks are the least expensive and one of the longest lasting finishes available. Click here for more info.
Because of the design versatility of concrete and because they are handcrafted your deck never looks exactly like anyone else’s. Coloring techniques and patterns makes concrete versatile besides long lasting.
Concrete is easily shaped and patterns, colors and hues makes it unique.
When compared with individual pavers and natural stone, concrete is easier to maintain because it’s a solid surface. Unlike paving stones, you won’t have sand-filled joints between units where grass and weeds can sprout. Also, individual pavers can settle unevenly, creating dangerous tripping hazards.
If your pool surface is worn out pool resurfacing and refinishing is important to maintain the integrity of your pool.
A pool surface that is too worn out becomes harder to keep clean because the underlying layer is exposed. It can also develop cracks or leaks in the structure of the pool.
The most popular pool finish now is aggregates, such as Diamond Brite which has a great reputation and excellent warranty. It is beautiful and long lasting. You can get the water color you always wanted by the small color aggregates in the mix. You can go from light blue, to mediterranean deep blue to aqua to another shades in between.
Another choice would be Hydrazzo, the difference from the regular aggregates is that the finish is polished to a marble like feel and the colors are deeper.
Tiles? Yes, the whole pool can be tiled with beautiful ceramic, stone or glass tiles to give it that upscale elegant finish. This is the most durable and longest lasting finish.
What should you do? It depends on the finish you like and of course, your budget. No matter what all this finishes are excellent value for your pool.
If you are thinking of pool remodeling and upgrade or remodeling we can offer you re-tiling, resurfacing and other options at very competitive prices.
Thinking of a water feature? Stone or Tile Style Waterfalls? Deck Jet? Or perhaps LED lighting features?
Would you like to automate your pool equipment so that it can be controlled and monitored from your phone or computer?
How about converting from chlorine to a salt system?
We can do all of it for You!
We can upgrade your old motor to an energy efficient variable speed equipment and energy efficient which will save you money.
Whether your pool got away from you or you recently moved to a pool that looks more like a swamp, our pool techs at All About Pools are experts at transforming your green pool to blue again in the shortest time.
Depending on the severity of the cleanup, we can either drain the pool to shovel the algae and debris from the pool bottom or use chemicals and special filters to turn the existing green water back to safe, blue water.
- Safe, Eco-Friendly Green Pool Cleanup
- Depending on Severity, Pool Water May Not Need to Be Drained
- Our Cleanup Will Kill Bacteria in Your Pool to Make it Safe & Healthy for Your Family
- Fast Results & the Ability to Use Special Filters Depending on the Cleanup
- We Will Leave it Chemically Balanced and Ready for Swimming.
- Most Pools Restored Within 4 Days
We at All About Pools and Decks wish you a happy swimming and soaking ALL year!
Here is a list of safety tips of some common swimming pool safety practices when using the pool.
1. Install a safety enclosure around the pool with self locking gates to protect small children and and animals.
2. Teach children to swim. Teaching your children to swim is the best thing to do for them if you own a pool. It will be a lifelong benefit.
3. Supervise children at all times when they are in the swimming pool. It only takes a second for a child to slip into the water unnoticed.
4. Have rescue equipment available such as throw rings, life hooks and first aid kit. If an accident happens there may not be time to look for needed materials.
5. Do not swim in an inadequately lighted pool at night. You should be able to see all pool walls and the bottom clearly when swimming to prevent an accident or to see someone in trouble.
6. Make sure all chemicals, electrical circuits and equipment that may cause harm, especially when in contact with water, is safely put away and installed properly.
What is better than eating a great, simple and healthy meal sitting by a beautifully kept pool? You have the beauty and relaxation of nature with an exquisite, tasty repast. Pool side cooking can be addictive because of its simplicity and atmosphere.
One of my favorites is Fish with a Papaya Salsa that doubles up as a salad.
FISH – Your favorite fish. Has to be meaty and lends itself to grilling. My favorite is swordfish because it is meaty and has an excellent taste.
Marinate it by rubbing garlic mashed in olive oil, salt and pepper. Simple.
SALSA for 4 or Salad for 2
- 1 cup diced Papaya
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 small dice onion
- 1 cup frozen corn kernel
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 diced jalapeno if you like spicy
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime or lemon
- salt and pepper
Mix and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
When you are ready just grill your fish and serve over the salsa.
How much simpler and tasty can it get?